The Flowering Tree
An immersive storytelling journey into this classical Indian folktale, which explores the pitfalls of allowing others to have agency over our sacred gifts, rather than daring to step into our power and owning them ourselves.
4-Week Storytelling CourseRegister Now
September 7 - September 28, 2023
Thursdays, 1pm - 3pm PST
Discover The Flowering Tree
This course is for you if….
- You love listening to folktales
- You love telling folktales
- You are curious about how a story can act as a mirror for your own life, whilst giving you permission to consider another way to live that life
- You feel as though you have, for too long, been used to using your innate gifts in the service of others, but not in service of yourself
- You want to unearth & reanimate a hidden gift buried deep within you
In this course, you will experience:
- Using personal stories
- Researching folktales
- Working in pairs or groups
- Bringing joy to the table regardless of the level of grief
- Reflecting on claiming/re-claiming your innate gifts
“Jan's storytelling and capacity for holding space is like a huge warm hug which envelopes you in its mystery and adventure. From the moment I experienced her story telling I knew I wanted to study with her. I was blessed to be offered an energy exchange place on her Foundation to Storytelling Course. I felt a comfort and aliveness awaken within me. Reconnecting to my storyteller within and being carefully and playfully led through different exercises that brought me and my chosen stories to an intimate and natural place of sharing and knowing.
Not only am I able to share a great story but I feel my ability to connect with other humans has also expanded. So much to learn and so many amazing stories to share, the world needs storytellers!”India RoseMusician (UK)
The folktale is the primer of the picture-language of the soul.
Your Guide — Jan Blake
Jan Blake, award-winning storyteller, is widely regarded as one of the world’s finest storytellers. Of Jamaican heritage, born in Manchester UK, Jan has performed in theatres & at Storytelling & Spoken Word Festivals worldwide. Working with mythology & folktales from the African Continent, The African Diaspora & The Arab regions, she uses powerful imagery to weave worlds into existence, inviting audiences to immerse themselves in new landscapes and the human experiences of the people in her narratives. Jan takes an intuitive approach to teaching and is in the process of creating a Storytelling & Spoken Word BA for Rose Bruford College of The Performing Arts, London.
The Flowering Tree $350
4 Weeks (September 7 – September 28, 2023)
Thursdays, 1pm – 3pm Pacific Time
THIS STORYTELLING COURSE INCLUDES:
- Learn about folktales from around the globe
- 4 live, interactive class sessions on Zoom (8 hours)
- Access to an exclusive online community platform
- Small groups to work with outside of class
- Recordings of all classes (permanent access)
- Coaching and skill building
- Join a community of conscious creators
The Flowering Tree + Feminine Rituals: Hidden Within Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends (6-Week Course)
Feminine Rituals: 6-Week Course (October 5 – November 9, 2023)
When you register for two courses receive a $50 discount.
ADD THIS COURSE AND YOU’LL ALSO RECEIVE:
- A ritual toolkit
- Clues on how to find hidden Feminine Wisdom
- Transform grief
- Develop your intuition
- Explore your mythic imagination